Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sprucing up the Rabbitry

Over the past week I had set my mind to accomplish some 'sprucing' of the rabbitry. First, I started with my grooming table. It was made for me earlier this year by my dad (thanks Dad!). It has since taking a liking to fade out and it started looking not-so-nice lol. So I bought some stain and went to town! It took my about 2 days to finish, since I was at school and as soon as I came home I only had about an hour or two of light at best lol. It is now a Dark Oak, and very appealing I might add :-)
I also scrubbed my trays. I empty my trays 2 times a week, but I only scrub them about once every 2 months. I was anticipating it to take a long time, so I decided to do it on Wednesday. It probably took me about 2 hours for that.
Then I set to work on brushing any molting bunnies. Thankfully now that it's winter I only have one or two that are molting :-) Then I let a few bunnies run around while I finished brushing & cleaning.
Finally, since Blue Ice is due on the 26th (yay! hoping for babies!!!) I decided to get her nestbox ready. As most of you, clean nestboxes are VERY important. If they are not cleaned before each use, than you risk disease and other health problems not only to the babies but also the doe! After I cleaned it I set it out to dry for a few days. I just put it in this morning :-). She went straight in and started digging around. She hasn't soiled in it, so I'm taking that as a good sign lol.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I know I did :-)
Michael
Silent Springs Rabbitry
"Where Quality Comes in Color"
http://www.geocities.com/silentspringsrabbitry07/

No comments: