Friday, March 28, 2008

Registrar's Test

I have survived! lol.

Okay, so where to begin? Let's start with me leaving. I get all my stuff ready and head out to Armando's at 5:30 with my dad. While he's driving, I'm going insane and flipping at random pages of the SOP, trying to remember color DQ's especially, as well as all the other DQ's I have to remember. After what only seems like, 10 minutes, I arrive at Armando's at 6:00. I say hi and he goes over the test with me for a few minutes, just telling me what I have to do on each page. Then he leaves to go eat dinner while I take the test. As I get a quick preview of the questions I realize there are no fill in the blanks! Yea! I knew there was a possibility I wouldn't get FItB's but I was really happy I didn't :-) Most of the questions were pretty much common-sense (at least to me! lol) and I finished in around 30 minutes. I really finished in about 20, but spent a few reviewing my questions. Out of 100, I wasn't sure about 10 of them.

After I am done with the written, I go out to Armando's garage with him to go do the oral part of the test. Before we get in there he gives me an apron of his (which I need to buy one lol) While he's "cleaning up" I am looking at his cuttteeeee baby cavies! His brokens are adorable! Anyway, we start with some general colors. He puts out some brokens, a few castors, and several different otters. I also got a few Mini Satins. As he got each one out I typed his and gave critiques, as well as checking for DQ's. Out of the 8ish I checked, 2 had DQ's. One was a broken opal with no blue undercolor and the other was a Himi Mini Satin (non-recognized) He then asked me some registration questions and what was needed when registering. Finally, the part I feared! Tatooing! He picked this grouchy castor buck that scratched the crap out of me. Revenge It wasn't actually that bad! I then talked with him about who he thinks I should work under and I left :-)

So, I know I passed the oral and am pretty sure about the written! I am EXCITED! Hopefully, I can start working with juges in 2 weeks

Michael
Silent Springs Rabbitry
"Where Quality Comes in Color"
http://www.geocities.com/silentspringsrabbitry07/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats! Thats not only a tough decision, but also a lot of work. The rabbit world always needs more registrars and more judges. Keep up the good work.

The Ladies @
Three Little Ladies Rabbitry