Saturday, October 27, 2007

Showing & Me

are going to through some rough times. I think we're going to need need a little bit of space, ROFL.

I really think I've been putting too much of my emphasis on showing. Taking to what the judges say to heart, which I really shouldn't. I should only be taking what I think into consideration when selling and breeding, and using judge's and other breeder's opinion's less seriously. To top it off, I haven't won a leg since the end of March! My goal for the rest of the year is to get ONE leg. That's all I'm asking here folks, just one.

To be honest, I am tired of outcrossing with some of my breedings. I am going to close my herd, as soon as I get Sidney. I will then go from square one, outscrossing with whatever I have, and then linebreeding those babies. I am hoping to both decrease size and stabilize my type in a shorter amount of time. I will be concentrating on only a few lines, in order to create my 'own' true line. It will mainly consist of Velotta & Kitsemble lines, hopefully. I might possibly bring in another Velotta or Kitsemble bunny sometime next year :)

Wish me luck! I am truely hoping I can stick with my plan.

Michael
Silent Springs Rabbitry
http://www.geocities.com/silentspringsrabbitry07/

No comments: