Monday, May 26, 2008

Cinnamon's babies.

I have decided to keep 2 babies from Cinnamon's and Sundance's litter. I really wanted to keep a doe, since Cinnamon will hopefully be leaving to go to Velotta's Rabbitry next month, so I am keeping the lilac chinchilla doe. I wasn't planning on keeping another buck, since I already have Cody and he is a very, very nice buck, but this chocolate chinchilla buck was too nice to let go to someone else! I am anxious to see them develop and breed them in the fall. The buck will be bred to my non-chocolate carrier does (Sidney and Silver) while his brother will get my other does. The doe will be outcrossed to Ryan, to add some new blood into the gene pool, or back to Sundance. I haven't thought up of names for them yet, but I will soon hopefully.
Both of the babies together =P
The chocolate chinchilla buck.
The lilac chinchilla doe.
Michael
Silent Springs Rabbitry
"Where Quality Comes in Color"

No comments: